KHR firefighters contain workshop blaze

KILLALOE – Volunteer firefighters managed to save neighbouring homes after a garage went up in flames on January 23.

Killaloe-Hagarty-Richards firefighters were called to the blaze at 21 King Street in Killaloe at around 2 p.m.

By that time, the workshop was completely engulfed in flames. Black smoke billowed from the structure, which could be seen from as far away as the hills of Wilno.

Fire Chief Bob Gareau said a dozen firefighters, along with six fire apparatus, were on scene. The fire was contained to the one building, despite the workshop being 20 feet from the residence and a mere five feet from a neighbour’s garage.

Get your January 28, 2015 edition of The Valley Gazette to read the full story.