Paul J. Yakabuski Community Centre reopens after carbon monoxide concern

BARRY’S BAY – After a hockey tournament on February 1 at the Paul J. Yakabuski Community Centre, 40 children and parents attended local hospitals with symptoms of nausea, headaches and vomiting. Everyone of the children was released from hospital and none were admitted.

The tournament started at 7 a.m. and the last participants left the building by 6:15 p.m.. The facilities manager was called about a case of vomiting shortly before the end of the tournament.

If you are already an online subscriber, CLICK HERE to access your subscription and read the full story.
If you wish to subscribe online, CLICK HERE, or you can pick up a copy of the February 5 Valley Gazette for the complete story.

Leave a comment