Fire guts house in Killaloe

KILLALOE – A home on Cameron Street in Killaloe was engulfed in flames when the Killaloe, Hagarty, Richards fire department responded on the evening of May 15. Four people were in the home at the time of the blaze, but according to Fire Chief Bob Gareau, everyone evacuated from the house safely. “The ignition source is unconfirmed but the ignition point was the back porch area,” he said. “There were six apparatus and 16 firefighters on scene.” Pick up a copy of the May 23, 2018 paper to read the full story.