Field fire spreads to bush off Letterkenny
BRUDENELL – The Brudenell-Lyndoch-Raglan Fire Department dealt with a difficult fire on the afternoon of July 19. Fire Chief Jordan Genrick said the fire department was called to a field ablaze along Letterkenny Road. “The fire started as a result of a malfunction with a riding lawnmower as the operator was driving through a hay field,” Genrick confirmed. “No one was injured.” The property is owned by Irvin Lorbetskie, who was preparing the field for an upcoming event. “The biggest challenge that we encountered was trying to keep ahead of the fire, with it being so dry and the wind that we had that day the fire was hard to get under control, one of our crews had to reposition the truck three times to try and keep ahead of it,” Genrick said. To read the full story, pick up a copy of the July 25, 2018 Gazette.